Thursday, July 28, 2011

HBD Amelia!

It's been back to work this week. I forget (probably on purpose) how all consuming I let my job become and how much it wears me out. We don't even have kiddo's yet! It's just planning and setting up the classroom.

Happy Birthday Amelia! I bet (if they cared) heaven throws the best birthday parties. They have a most beautiful stuffed butterfly toy at one of my favorite boutiques and Sammy would be bringing it to you if he could (and if that made any kind of sense...cause I wouldn't know your mama if it weren't for ya'll being in heaven together). Baby girl, one year ago, my heart broke as your mama was the first one I watched go through birthing and saying good bye to her anen baby. She was so graceful and peaceful I didn't even wanna read her blogs because the place of pain I was in couldn't reconcile grace and peace at such a horrible time. But your mama, you, and your birth, gave me hope. Thank you baby girl.

As of this morning we're at $950!! Totally gonna make the goal. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to every one who has donated and spread the word. About 1/3 of the people that have donated I don't personally (or internetly) know. What a blessing you all will be to String of Pearls and some (wait while I go do the math the spread sheet does the math for me) 16 families. I heard a rumor it costs about $60 to put one of those kits together so $1000 is 16.67 kits. If we just so happen to raise $1020 that is 17 kits. :-) (thank you excel)

Thank you, people like ya'll made a kit possible for me and ya'll are making kits possible for other people to remember their babies who were gone too soon.

1 comment:

  1. so you know, you & Sammy were the first ones I watched go through hello and goodbye and Sammy holds a special place in my heart for that reason as well. And you were that same picture of peace and grace that you thought you couldn't be a few months earlier when Amelia was born. God is good. what amazing babies we have... can't wait to see them again.

    way to go on reaching your goal!!

    ReplyDelete