Tuesday, June 21, 2011

feelings...oh boy...



So many stories of so much love to go with this simple picture. I remember one of the first times I wanted to throw something because of the simple truth of what my Pastor was saying...I don't know why anger or excitement makes me want to throw stuff (I have not, to my recollection, ever thrown anything in such instances, just wanted to).

It's Sammy green. I didn't notice that until today.

I love/hate talking about feelings these days. I have found freedom and peace in acknowledging the truth of what I'm feeling. It's still hard sometimes, to admit or get past the reasons why.

I love gifts and this was a gift from one of my brother's best friend's mom. Follow? Mary is a sweetie who spent some time last Thursday evening listening to me rant about how important feelings are and showed up the next day with this. So perfect.

And I really am excited. So excited, maybe because I'm sitting in Panera, tummy full from the Sierra Turkey sandwich with my pink whale cup full of Diet Pepsi...or maybe because God is using His Word and His people to show me the simplicity and complexity of His love.

On the back of this notepad it says it's for children ages 5-9. If acknowledging feelings is childish, count me in.

"But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me;
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

  1. Panera...yum.

    Love your Sammy green notepad!
    I think I have heard of a store you can go to and purchase stuff to throw and break. Thought it sounded like a lot of fun...maybe I'll google it and see if there is one near me. ;)

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete