Tuesday, June 7, 2011

8 months

It's been 8 months. I miss my boy.

I wish life were simple. I wish that when the Lord lavished me with gifts my heart would find contentment there and not ache at the loss in this world. I wish I did not get frustrated with myself for feeling this way.

Last time I cried like this I'm pretty sure Sammy was in my belly and I was crying for future peace on his birthday. I tried to pretend the crying was for something back then. It felt less selfish somehow.

Thank you Jesus for that peace 8 months ago. I know it is in Your hand every day and more often than not I feel it. Thank you for the *perfect* purse and the flowers.

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

Psalm 121