Wednesday, November 10, 2010

miscarriage in the news?

Read this article from the New York Times.

1. I'm glad the reporter went there...

2. I have a book that comes highly recommended in the baby loss community and it starts off stating facts like this article. I stopped reading the book before I finished the first chapter and I guess I'm not ready to start it back up again. I HATE the clinical, sterilized statements...even if they are true.

*sigh*

3. I don't generally read the New York Times :-) I saw this article on some media feed Dave has on his phone. I also don't watch Matt Laeur interviews or most anything where a US President is involved but I am tempted to find it and at least watch part of it.

3 comments:

  1. I have to applaud the NYT on this one! 25, 26 and almost 30 years later, I can overwhelmingly identify with everything in this article! I am so glad that the tide is changing - albeit slowly!! You wouldn't believe the kinds of things we were told as we grieved...and most of it NOT by the medical community, but by other, older women! We learned quickly to do it quietly and privately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time someone validates a mother's feelings about her baby. I lost a baby at 8 weeks and I felt like my heart was ripped out. I got all sorts of "at least it happened now" comments from family and friends. I thought there was something wrong with me for being so sad. I'm not sure I would say that would be as bad as losing a full term baby, but I haven't been there yet so I don't know how they compare. I do know that it's nice to have our babies lives viewed as important - because they are.

    ReplyDelete