Monday, October 18, 2010

sammy's book(s)

This is one of my favorite pictures - I'm sure I was moments away from poking his cheek. I love the joy that is on our faces and today as I was looking up verses to sit opposite certain pages in his little brag books that I am making for family in far off places like Minnesota and Michigan I found these. Again, I know one of them is a song I had on Sammy's playlist (I knew this one was scripture) and the other verse just helps to heal my heart today. Sammy was not a mistake, every piece of him was purposefully made...


...bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor...
Isaiah 61:3

This picture is proof to me that we were covered with that oil of gladness instead of mourning as we enjoyed our time with Sammy. In the last few months I have worn that garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair and I know I need to grieve but I want to spend more time in that place of praise.

my frame was not hidden from you when i was made in the secret place. when i was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:15-16

I mean Psalm 139 in its entirety is fantastic but those two verses are a piece of comfort to me right now.

Thanks for the encouragement after yesterdays downer post - feeling better today while I continue to ride this roller coaster of grief.

**ps - I should really stop saying this but I swear on my list of things to do today is start the birth story posts...I've written a couple versions and they are long...and still short on details...that's a warning**

**pps - I think I keep saying it so I feel some pressure to get it done. obvs not working great so far**

No comments:

Post a Comment