Oh boy - here we go!
Our induction date was moved up to October 7th - technically we'll go in on the 6th and start with some a more natural, gentle induction and should that not get everything going then, they'll start the pitocin on Thursday morning at like 6am or something. My Mom and Duane got here last night at midnight and we spent the day running errands and napping :-)
Someone will be sending out updates as things progress...either Dave or our friend Donna. I know I'm always curious about how things are going when people are in the process of labor and delivery :-) I gotta admit, I'm pretty focused on the labor process right now. If you could join us in prayer, here's a quick list of prayer requests...
- traveling mercies as Sharonne & Laura drive down, leaving MI at 4am Tuesday the 5th and arriving here 18-20 hours later (they are an hour away as of this post - so far so good!)
- for my body to progress enough that the gentle induction methods will be enough to get things going Wednesday evening
- for a peaceful labor process...
- of course for Sammy's healing!
- 2nd best case scenario - we don't have to break my bag of waters and it helps protect his head through the birth process...which seems like an impossibility in all the reading I've done so that would be a HUGE answer to prayer...
- for some time with Sammy
Our church does a prayer and worship service on Wednesday nights so the tentative plan is to head straight to the hospital from that service. I feel that will be an amazingly peaceful way to begin it all.