Sunday, December 5, 2010

So this is Christmas...

fur baby Mose lookin' like the grinch puppy last year


I have a regular list of Christmas songs that I listen to and it's funny how the events of this year have changed the favorites on the list. Some BLM's (baby loss mama's) want to avoid all things holiday. So far I am not in the that crew. While thinking about aspects of "what could have been" this Christmas make me really sad, it's one of the only times a year I get to see my family so I am still looking forward to it. I reserve the right to change my mind about this at any moment *smile*

#1 song that I was bitter about this year until I read the real story: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Turns out my meter for sensing sarcasm is right on. The original version of the song was apparently too real for some people so they changed the lyrics to the sickeningly sweet version that we all know. I'm trying to find an original version of that song...

#1 song I used to love love love and has made me really sad this season until today: O Holy Night. For some reason I would hear it and think of the night Sammy was born and I would get sad. Today I realized that for 2010ish years the Lord has been providing mama's with peaceful births in the most uncommon situations and I felt blessed.

#1 song I used to tolerate a couple times during the season but I think will be a favorite this year: Happy Xmas (War is over).

so this is Christmas what have you done?
Another year over, a new one just begun...
let's hope it's a good one, without any fear.

So here's my "hope for the holidays" playlist, I'd love to hear what ya'll listen to, I try to add a couple new songs a year. This is in no particular order...but these are my favorite versions of these songs and if there are multiple versions it means I couldn't decide.

You & Me - Dave Matthews Band
Christmas Time is Here - Diana Krall
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
O Come All Ye Faithful - Natalie Grant sweet and powerful all at once!
River - Rachael Yamagata
Wintersong Album - Sarah McLachlan
Baby It's Cold Outside - Jane Monheit & Steve Tyrell
This Christmas - Donny Hathaway
That's What I Want for Christmas - Nancy Wilson
Merry Christmas, Baby - Lou Rawls
O Holy Night - Shawn McDonald
Christmas Time is Here - Brad Mehldau
Christmas Song - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
*new in 2010*
If We Make It Through December - Holly Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment