Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's been a busy couple of weeks. <--- What a small stupid sentence that carries what I've been doing inside it...

This week was full of baby news. 2 women I know had their babies and another friend from church announced her pregnancy (woohoo!). And then on Thursday night my mom gave me an update on my niece Isabel. I get almost daily pictures or video's of her new adorable smiles and growing belly - I love it, I love her!

but

she is such a reminder of all that I am missing out on with Sammy.

I am a snooze button hitter. Well, I have Dave hit his snooze button. So I wasn't shocked when yesterday, between one of the snoozes, I had a dream about Sammy, or at first I thought it was him. The baby in the dream was moving and crying...at some point I pushed back the baby's hat and realized the hair was the wrong color (and oh yeah, this baby had a skull) and reality crashed into my dream. I dreamed that I crawled into bed crying because I knew MY Sammy didn't move or cry...and so I woke up crying.

I know this grief and sadness is normal but I also know that Sammy's life was enough. It was just what the Lord intended for his days. I've written this before but it is my heart again, Lord, I know your ways are not my ways, your ways are higher than my ways. But can't you bring me to a little closer (and less painful) acceptance of your ways?

It's getting harder to believe this was a part of my life.

Time.

My body is back to normal, no reminder there. Day to day life has resumed its schedule. I hardly think about the "what could/should have beens". Until it sneaks into my dreams I guess.

Psalm 51:15-17
Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.


My sacrifice, O God, is a

broken spirit

a broken and contrite heart
you,

God,

will not despise.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. It is so hard not to see other babies and think about what I am missing out on. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to go to a "family night" at church on Friday...I thought I'd be fine to go until I got nervous that all the new babies in church would be there (there's quite a few)... we stayed home. My "family" will not ever be complete. It's hard to go to a family night and watch other moms nurse their new babies while mine is in heaven. I don't want to rain on their parade either. It's so hard. sigh.

    I'm praying for you always...going back to "normal" is a hard one, especially since it doesn't really exist. I know you miss him. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies have been so difficult for me as well.
    Just wanting my baby is so hard. sigh
    Praying for peace for you.

    ReplyDelete