Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dear Life:

...if it wasn't for all that you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you

'cause it makes me that much stronger
makes me work a little bit harder
it makes me that much wiser
thanks for making me a fighter
made me learn a little bit faster
made my skin a little bit thicker
makes me that much smarter
so thanks for making me a fighter


Sincerely,

Sammy's mama

ps - thank you Jesus for showin' me how to fight

pps - thanks CA for recording this song thereby giving me a grateful attitude in the midst of some junk

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Meliss. It makes me cry - out of a broken heart, but it also makes me thankful for a God who cares enough to help teach us how to fight. Sammy is so stinkin' proud of you and loves you more than you can ever know.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.

    Let me guess...your boxing trunks are Sammy Green!?!?

    Lots of Love today and always!

    ReplyDelete