Sunday, March 31, 2013

"healthy" dessert?


This is a random post, but if I had all the time in the world to cultivate all my habits, food blogging would be up there behind momma blogger. And one who sews and creates beautiful things. Repurposer of found treasures. Photographer. Reader and writer of great things. 

Anyway. Hubs signed up to bring a healthy dessert to his work potluck last week so I got to experiment. I kinda wanted to send him with a bowl of fruit because if it's dessert it shouldn't be called healthy - in my opinion. Instead I checked around the internet and pinterest and found some gems.



Both were delicious.

I have been recently obsessed with these homemade fudge brownie bars as well. (not pictured) All this "healthy" goodness has set me on a good path *wink*. Yesterday I caved in the checkout line and bought a Reece's egg. My taste buds are so conditioned to lighter "healthier" fare that I wasn't mad I had to share it. It was sooo rich. Before I tasted that richness I made these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies. I adapted the recipe a bit, used coconut oil instead of canola oil just for fun and then when I realized I only had 1/2 cup of sugar left in the house I added 1 Tbsp of honey to the mixture as well. I lost interest in the honey and had a babe pulling at my legs, that's the scientific reason for only 1 Tbsp. And, if I do say so myself, they tasted quite good. I took my zucchini lovelies to an Easter gathering and they were eaten up before I could warn everyone about the impending healthiness. 

And also : Happy Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment