Friday, July 20, 2012

a moment for new things


Hey - whew. Looks like I have a moment *cue fussing babe*

...

Ok - no fussing, here we go.

I sit down to write every now and then but Jake uses that as his cue to wake up. Much like when a plate of food is ready for me to eat - cue hungry Jake. He's got wicked discernment that one *wink*.

I go to work next week. I am excited to get back to it and watch kiddo's learn and grow...but I am going to miss (understatement) watching my own kiddo learn and grow. I'm pretty sure he will love being with other people. Every now and then he gets bored with this house and my face and we have to get out - doesn't really matter where we go, he just wants to be out. Our original plan was for him to stay with a good friend from church and her two little girls...then she found out she's pregnant. So plan b went into effect and he'll be with her for 1 week and then a daycare. Either way he'll have other kiddo's to watch, ladies to smile at, and fun new toys. Who knew a 10 week old could be so high maintenance? Anyway *bonus* the daycare is right across the street from my school. It's small, only 4-5 infants and 1 caregiver in his room. Added bonus: should I be able to escape for lunch I can head across the street to nurse my little guy.

Do you see it? In the picture up there? Red! Hair! It really looks more brownish in person, except on some days, in the right light, with the right clothing. Red. And it still is holding some wave. I can't wait to see how he grows with it.  See his fist there, I caught this picture at a moment when it wasn't lodged in his mouth. It's one of his new things this week, sucking on his fist. He spent a couple days staring at his hands and now it's *usually* up near his mouth. We do the pacifier thing but sometimes he'd rather just chew on that fist.

Week 10 *new things*

**sleeping basically "through the night" (9pm-5am, 8:30pm-3:30am, 9pm-4am)
**sucking on his fist
**laughing when I put a shirt over his head
**eating every 1.5-2hrs during the day

Ha - well, obviously, he woke up so I had to switch to a bullet type format. 

One more quick note - I am sad that I can't participate in the String of Pearls 3k/5k this year. I hope to return to it next year! And run! I was looking at my calendar for October and saw "Sammy's 2nd birthday". I mean, I know it's coming, but seeing it in print...



1 comment: