Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


this year's Mother's Day gift

It's been a good day. Last year this reality was not imaginable. But here I am.

I was comforted again today by a quote I saw last fall, after Sammy was born:

"They say that time in heaven is compared to 'the blink of an eye' for us on this earth.
Sometimes it helps me to think of my child running ahead of me
through a beautiful field of wildflowers and butterflies; so happy and completely
caught up in what he is doing
that when he looks behind him, I'll already be there."

Obviously I've spent a lot of time thinking about Heaven and wondering what it might be like. I started reading Heaven Is For Real today and love that it seems to jive right along with my current thoughts on the topic. I'm all about how Heaven is not bound by time...it helps me to think that Sammy isn't up there missing me (I mean, in the presence of Jesus, I'm sure I'm not a second thought, but I sure do miss him).

I was blessed at church when my Pastor talked about the "nurturing mother spirit" that lots of women have and use in the church. Honestly, an accurate phrase for what I feel today is "almost mother". But shoot, I *do* have a nurturing mother tendency...


No comments: