Friday, August 3, 2012

back to work

day 1: where we goin' mama? it's early. 
The first day was the easiest for me. Dave took Jake to our friend Lindsay's house and I got ready with only the pups at home to keep me company. I must have gotten some sleep that night before...since that was almost 2 weeks ago I don't remember *smile*. I had Ben and Jerry's FroYo for supper that night while Jake nursed for an hour.

It's only gotten harder since then. Jake was with Lindsay and her two little girls that first week and he started at daycare this week. Monday I forgot bottles to pump into so I had to run across the street to the daycare a couple times to nurse before going home to get bottles (yes, his daycare is across the street the ideal situation since he can't stay with Lindsay indefinitely). Something didn't work though, I ended up with a clogged milk duct Tuesday. No fun. Know what else is not fun? Pumping. I loathe it.

I think he took a couple of days to adjust to both places. Then yesterday and today he fussed in the car  on the way and as soon as we got into the house he started smiling at Ms. Sharon, Ms. Allison, and whatever toddler was visiting the babies in the baby room. I knew he would love being around other people all day. Now we just gotta get a sleep schedule and mama on board with all this.

It's a crazy transition from pregnant to mama. We lived here for about 1 month when I found out I was pregnant with Jake. So when I think of school, housework, and life it all equals too tired and messy. Every night I'm amazed at how much I get done before "bed time" *smile*.

On the other hand, it's only been 10 work days and I'm feeling the pull from all sides. Teacher, mama, and wife. I've been disappointed that I can't do them all well. Already. I can't imagine how I'll feel in a few weeks/months when it all piles up. I'm averaging 1.5 breakdowns a week so far :-/ Every mama ever who's worked outside the home is my hero. And every mama ever how works at home is my hero. Don't get me started on mama's of more than 1 child. Super hero's. All of you.

one more pic, just for fun. he's discovered his hands can *move*.

No comments:

Post a Comment